FEATURES OFFERED BY PERFECTSCAN®?
- Online (device-based) processing (scanners, cameras, mobile devices)
- Offline (file-based) processing
- Automatic noise reduction
- Automatic brightness equalization
- Automatic boost of brightness and contrast for easier text recognition
- Automatic character rebuilding for better text recognition
- Adaptive local contrast enhancement
- Adaptive binarization equalizing bad lighting conditions
- Automatic cleaning of document background (if desired)
- Automatic removing of hologram (i.e. on driver licenses) for better OCR
BENEFITS OF PERFECTSCAN®?
- Improvement to the image quality. PerfectScan® automatically corrects and enhances the scanned images to reduce noise, achieve perfect gamma correction, and obtain optimal image clarity. Resulting image alteration can be done afterward without reacquiring the original image.
- Improvement to the scanning process. PerfectScan® drastically improves the scanning process in document imaging. The advanced technology offered by PerfectScan® significantly cleans scanned images and eliminates the need for rescanning challenging documents.
- Improvement to the OCR result. With the unique character rebuilding functionality provided by PerfectScan®, the OCR result and the readability of an image is dramatically improved. Additionally, the handwriting recognition (ICR) result can be vastly increased.
- Reduction to the file size. Thanks to the background dropping and feature sharpening features, the file size of the resulting images is much smaller with PerfectScan®. Libraries of smaller images translate into smaller investment in storage devices. Smaller files are also critical for bandwidth-limited communication applications such as scanning over the network, the internet, or even cloud-based applications.
- Broken line rebuilding. Disconnected (or dotted) lines are intelligently repaired by connecting the missing line segments.
OCR IMPROVEMENT BY PERFECTSCAN®
Current solutions to the problem of optical character recognition (OCR) have advanced to the point where recognition rates of 99% are common for clean and uniformly formatted text. Unfortunately, the performance of most OCR algorithms degrades very rapidly when even small amounts of noise are introduced into the original document or during the scanning process. In many situations, this increased error rate quickly decreases the ROI to the point where it is not cost-effective to integrate automated recognition technology solutions.
With the unique character rebuilding functionality provided by PerfectScan®, the OCR result and the readability of an image is dramatically improved. Additionally, PerfectScan® automatically changes its processing characteristics based on the type of digital input. It can be used for a variety of different imaging types such as video, analog-to-digital scans, medical images, fingerprints, satellite images, and more.